Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Immaculate went HOME.....



This afternoon Immaculate went to be with Jesus. Yesterday I took her to the hospital for review and the doctor admitted her. The biggest problem she had was that she could pass any urine. She had been on an IV drip, but no urine. I have been a lot with her during those last two days in the hospital. Today she was most of the time unconsious. Her condition deteriorated more and more. This afternoon we knew that she was going to die. I thank God that I was there on the right moment. Her breathing became more difficult and she was moaning a lot. I felt I should talk to her, she could maybe still hear me. So I started to talk to her about Jesus, how much He loves her and that He was right there and wanted to hold her hand. Immaculate opened her eyes, looked at me, I don't think she saw me, but grabbed my hand. I went on to talk that she should not be afraid, she was going to a place where there would be no pain, no medicines and no injections, she again opened her eyes and looked (at me?), I told her that she was so tired, that Jesus would carry her in His arms, close to His heart, again she reacted, the moaning had stopped, the breathing went slower, one more last breath and she was gone, her hand was till in mine, but I know that her hand was now in Jesus ' hand. It was such a holy moment, there in the hosptal, in the middle of al those patients and children Immaculate went to be with Jesus, her suffering was over!


(This pictures is from yesterday).


This evening we had a meeting with the bigger children, to explain and to cry together, when your room mate dies, it comes very close to you, especially when you know that you were both HIV+. It was an emotional time, but I pray that we have also shared the hope we have as children of the living God.

Then in the morning, just before I left to the hospital, a new baby was brought to us. The baby was born pre mature and was very small, the weight was only 1,1 kg. So small and so delicate! The mother had died and the father was afraid his daughter might also die.

The baby was cold and we made warm water bottles to warm her up. Her name is Elisabeth! I gave her the marker in her hand, so you can see how small she really is! We gave her a NG tube, because she is too weak to drink from the bottle and we decided to lay her in our incubator. Even she has been already 10 days old, the incubator will give her that safe, warm place to grow stronger!


The staff is a bit scared to feed her, because she is so very small, we pray that she will live and that she will be a blessing to her father!




It was a very emotinal day, giving Immaculate back to Jesus and receiving this precious little life into our Amecet family! But this is exactly what we are suppose to do, being the hand and foot from God!

4 comments:

  1. Immaculate,
    Dear girl...I will always remember painting your toes and fingers and doing face masks with you. I will always remember sitting on the patio and holding hands while we ate mangos. I loved getting to know you, and you will be in my heart forever. I am so sad you are done and I will not see you on my next visit but I am glad God has taken you away from pain. I love you so much, precious girl.
    I will never forget you.
    Love, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lieve Els,
    Wat triest en mooi om dit te lezen. Heb nog regelmatig aan haar gedacht. Zo zaten we met haar op de bank en zo is ze er niet meer. Gelukkig weten we dat ze naar een nog betere plek is :-)
    Liefs en heel veel rust en vrede ook voor jullie.
    van Sabine en Carlijn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Immaculate had ook een speciaal plekje in mijn hart en het raakt me erg om te lezen dat ze er niet meer is, maar wat een troostvolle gedachte om te mogen weten dat ze nu bij Jezus is, zonder lichamelijke en emotionele pijn, en dat we haar later mogen weerzien.
    Dankjewel voor het delen van deze kwetsbare momenten Els, ook over haar heengaan. Ik ben God zo dankbaar dat je bij haar hebt kunnen zijn, en dat je zo haar hand hebt mogen over geven in die van Jezus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wij hebben Immaculate niet mogen leren kennen, maar wij hebben veel voor haar gebeden. Wij zijn dankbaar dat wij haar nu op een plek weten, zonder pijn en zonder verdriet, in de geborgenheid van de Here Jesus. Els, voor jouw en het hele team bidden wij dat God jullie elke dag weer opnieuw die kracht en sterkte geeft om zijn licht te laten schijnen.

    ReplyDelete