Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Catherine is welcomed in our little family!

As I wrote earlier, Catherine is our new family member, but she was still living in Amecet till today. My house is not so big, has only two bedrooms, one is for Sarah and Helen and I sleep in the other one. There was no space in the girls room, so Catherine should sleep in my room. There is not so much space, so I designed a bed which would fit. Catherine can stand and walk, so it had to be a bed which would be safe for her. I made a drawing of a bed and I went to a local carpenter, I told him the sizes, and they could make it, they said. Sarah and Helen asked me every time, when is Catherine coming to live with us, I said, when the bed is ready. And yesterday was the big day! The bed was ready, Bernard was helping me to pick it. And we carried it inside, and there the problem started, it was too big, I could not get it into my room!!! I was so disappointed, I had thought about the width of the doors, but had forgotten that we had to make a turn to get it inside my room. We put it outside on my veranda and today Bernard came with an idea. To get two side off from the bottem then we would turn inside the other room and then turn into my room. We startde it, I mean, Bernard started it and I helped when I could do something. On the picture, we are again stuck in my little corridor and Helen made this picture. Bernard is getting something more off (but he put everything back again!!!) The bed came in the room and Bernard screwed everything back together again and the bed is ready!

So tonight I have three precious girls sleeping in my house, I still do not yet know how I will do everything, I have to get a complete new schedule. More laundry, more mess etc. but it is all worth the effort. This evening we were together praying for Catherine, it was so special, Catherine in her new bed and new house and new family!!What do you think of my bed? It is with little doors, so I can close them and she is safe inside, under the bed there is space to keep her clothes. And it just fitted next to my bed. I had given the size to the carpenter, but it came out bigger then I wanted, but it just fitted, so no problem!

2 comments:

  1. Hoi Els, geweldig, een nieuwe dochter erbij! Prachtig om al je verhalen te lezen en met be- en verwondering denken we, waar haal je toch alle energie vandaan... Dat kan maar uit één bron komen! We wensen jullie alle vier veel geluk met elkaar en bidden voor jou en het werk.
    lieve groet
    Rienk en Marleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Els, wat leuk!! Het bedje is voor nu wel ideaal! En er nog maar even niet denken hoe je het straks gaat doen wanneer ze groter is, dat zie je dan wel! Geniet van je gezinnetje! Een mooie plek voor dat meisje, lijkt me! Groetjes, Marjet

    ReplyDelete