Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Amun week 2014 Day 6

Today, again a busy day, we have a team from YWAM Jinja helping us with this Amun week. There were two girls who were doing games every day, a very important job!! And they also did the meditation every morning. Today they were doing the teaching, they used characters from the Bible to teach certain issues. I have not been much in the tent, today. I had to take a girl to the clinic and that took a lot of time, also there were some things to organise for tomorrow, the closure day.  I didn't hear much of the teaching, so I decided to ask several children what they liked and what they had learned... They gave permission for their quote and picture:)

 Naome 18 years:

 "That I have to be more thankful for all that God gave me and all that He has done for me. David is my example."


Alex 18 years:

"I learned about my spiritual growth and also that I have to be sure to take my medicines (ARVs) every day."





Joseph 14 years:

"I learned about the life of Joseph (in the Bible) the way how he controlled himself."
   

Josh  13 years

"That I must love God."







Lazarus 10 years

"That I have to respect elder people."



Silivia 14 years

"That we have problems between boys and girls, because we do not have respect for each other."


Emmanuel 12 years:

"we have to respect each other and also take our medicines every day."










Emmanuel 13 years:

"We have to love and like each other more.







Every evening I come home tired, but happy. There are so many things going on, the children are open and have so many questions. God is working in their hearts, they are really understanding and accepting their HIV+ status more, but they know that they are special and loved. 
On this last picture Cathy and Anneke help me to bake the cake for tomorrow, we will celebrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment