Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Only THREE days to go.....

Today was a crazy day. I have been running around.. At first I had to go to the hospital with 9 children. They were going for check up in the HIV clinic in Soroti hospital. Before we went I first went with Norah to the clinic next door for a malaria test. And Norah had again malaria. Norah has been sick for the last 4 weeks. we went several times with her to the doctor and 2 weeks ago she had two times bloodtransfusi0n. Her HB was low again. Norah also neede to be seen for review in the HIV clinic, so with a full van I drove to the hospital. They helped us fast, that is the advantage when you are coming so regular, I know the way and help them by looking for our files etc. Some children were changed into other medicines, so when we came back, I had to rearrange the medicines and then I had to run to the bank. After that I tried to do some office work.

Dr. Wandera reviews Christine

At 4 pm we had again our committee meeting in the children's park and after that Simon and I went to the locakl radio station for a radio show, together with the Mayor of Soroti and Amos, the probational officer. When I came back home, Sarah and mary had put Helen and Catherine already in bed. That was very nice, I think I am also going to bed, I am almost falling asleep behind the computer. Tomorrow morning we are going to paint the three zebra crossings of Soroti... again an exciting day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment