Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A nice encouragement!!!


This afternoon a family came into our compound, the parents with a little boy, the parents looked familiar, but I couldn't place them. Then they told me that they were the parents of Job and they wanted to show me Job again! I looked at the boy, but I didn't recognise him. We talked a bit more and suddenly I remembered. I got our file out and I was amazed. This was the same little baby that came into Amecet as a small premature baby, he was 3 weeks old and that time his weight was 1.6 kg. The parents came to visit their little son a lot, I remembered that they were scared to loose their baby. They lost two baby's before, the parents were both on ARV's but Job got medicines and at the test later he was HIV-.  And now they wanted us to see Job and they brought a chicken for us. They were so thankful and their visit made us so happy, this was a baby we cared for, and now he is 21 months old, he walks, he talks and he looks so healthy! It really gave us so much joy, we could use some encouragement, because Fiona is again more weak today!

No comments:

Post a Comment