Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A baby boy for aunti Sarah!

At 2 am my phone went, I answered it ( a bit sleepy), it was the father of Sarah. When someone is in the hospital, the family has to look after the patient. The nurses  do only the medical things and the family baths, feeds and cares for the patient. The father said  through the phone that the baby is not coming out, Sarah needs to push, but she can't, the nurses couldn´t find a doctor and the situation is very difficult! Then he switched off. I was shocked, and scared this would bring the life of the baby and of Sarah in danger, but what could I do?? Going to the hospital in the middle of the night? Leaving my children alone in my house? What could I do in the hospital, I am not a doctor. I decided to call Esther, she answered (also very sleepy) I explained what was going on, we decided together that going there would not help, the only thing we could do is pray and that we could do at home too. In the morning I first got my children to school and after I had brought Catherine to the nursery school, I went together with Anneke to the hospital. I was a bit scared, what news would I get? I had not able to call because my airtime was finished.
But when we came into the Ward, people already directed me, and there was Sarah together in the bed (yes she got a bed now!) with a beautiful baby boy, very alert and so cute!!!


Both of the (grand) parents were there, very happy. The father told me that the nurses got hold of the doctor at 3am and the doctor came and told them that it needed a Cesarean operation. The baby was getting tired and Sarah couldn't push enough. So she was operated in the morning. These pictures are made 4 hours after the operation! I was so thankful that mother and baby were well!
Sarah has still a lot of pain, but she is happy with her baby, the name was not yet given, they were still thinking about that.

I was working in the office, this afternoon when I heard a lot of noise, I ran outside, not knowing what had happened... Then I saw the tree laying on our roof! We have a big eucalyptus tree standing behind our house, A very nice long tree, but Simon was afraid that the roots were destroying the latrine and the septic tank. So he had asked the local prison if they could help cutting the tree down. And they did, but it went the wrong way, towards the house!! They had cut already the branches, so the garden was full with branches. It could have been much worse, the roof is not damaged, only the gutters and some wood. So every day is different, and for sure not boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment