Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Two little baby's.

We didn't have Internet for almost one week, last Wednesday we were asked to pick a baby from the maternity ward in Soroti hospital. Little Peter was born in the Health centre in the village by a Cesarean, but there were complications. They were referred to Soroti hospital. The mother was very sick and the family asked if we wanted to care for the baby, while the family cared for the mother. We took little Peter to Amecet and he was drinking well and doing good. Sunday evening we were asked again to pick another baby. While I was in the hospital I tried to find Peter's mother, to see how she was doing. I heard the sad news that she had passed away early in the morning of Thursday. I was very sad about it, the family had taken the body back to the village to bury. I guess they will come to see Peter when the mourning time is over.
The baby where they asked help for, was a little girl of almost 2 weeks old. The mother had also had a Cesarean operation, she was a very young mother and this was her first pregnancy, she got twins. The first baby was alive, but the second baby was dead. The mother got also complications and was septic, they asked us to take the baby, while they cared for the mother. When I saw the baby I was shocked, in the papers I had read that the weight of the baby was 2.4 kg, but the baby I saw, was in a bad condition. The family told me that the mother had no breast feeding, this baby was starved. We took the baby to Amecet and you can see on the picture below, Rachel weighs 1.890 kg.
Today I took her to the Doctor and he told me to put her on a IV drip. She is drinking fair, we have good hopes for this little girl. She is alert and I was touch by her look, the way she looks at you, you almost can see the suffering where Rachel went through during her 2 weeks old life. We pray for her mother, that she will get better and will be able to enjoy her little girl and to care for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment