Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Please pray for Christine 1.........

It is the same Monday where I wrote about earlier, I wrote that I was ready for anything, but I didn't know it was for this.........
I was at the YWAM team meeting at the base, when I was called to come back to Amecet immediately, Christine 1 had fainted. I got Helen and Catherine, who were playing outside and raced back to Amecet. Christine was unconscious and I ran to get Dr. Engule, our neighbour. We carried her to the medicines room and the doctor got a canula in and we gave her injections and started an IV drip. We got a blood sample and I brought it to the laboratory at the neighbours. When I came back, Christine got again convulsions, I had to give another injection and went to the laboratory for the results. There was no malaria, she had again a urine infection and we started treatment for that this morning. She didn't get another convulsion since almost 3 hours now. But she is still unconscious. Everybody is scared, we are still thinking a lot about Immaculate, her death is still so fresh. We still miss her so much, Christine came the same time as Immaculate, a little bit the same case. Please pray for this girl, when I see her picture, I want her to grow up and live!!! Pray for us as well and the other children, who were at her room when she started to have the convulsions, they were scared.

2 comments: