Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A day of running, organizing, packing and saying goodbye!

It was (and still is) a busy day! Tomorrow i am leaving, together with Sarah and Helen to the airport. We are flying to Holland. We will be going to the wedding of my nephew and Sarah and Helen are the flower girls. We are going for 3,5 weeks and we are looking forward to it!!! But today it was too busy. Last night I wanted to do the last laundry, no power. Normally it comes back at 1 am, so I waited and waited, at 1.45 am I decided to go to bed and I was lucky that there was power in the morning. I am still packing, but the whole day I have been running around! Simon will be the leader of course, but Miranda will take over the medical site and the finances. It is a lot of work for her. So I have tried to make it as easy as possible.
I will be still in touch with Amecet and I will still write some blogs, but probably they will not so up to date as now.
In between I was able to visit my namesake, Els. She is born 6 weeks ago and I was involved in the process of helping Florence to give birth to her daughter. She is cute and doing very well.
And now... I am going to put the girls to bed and do the packing myself. Tomorrow at 7.30 am we will leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment