Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Friday, April 14, 2017

A wise lesson from a tree....

 Every day, when I drive to Amecet, I pass this tree. Today I stopped to make this picture. The tree is so beautiful, so big and so colorful!!! It always lifts my spirit, when I pass there. This is the dry season, everything is dry and dusty, everything is yellowish and brown, but this tree is blooming in such a beautiful way!!! This tree must have deep roots, to be able to bloom during this season. It is possible.... I want to have deep roots, so I will be able to bloom in dry seasons.......
It is Good Friday today. It is a public holiday here in Uganda, the schools are all closed. Amecet is never closed, all the staff was working as normal, but together we paused and remembered what sacrifice Jesus made for us. we read the story, shared communion and thanked and praised Him for that gift of Life that we received because of His death.

No comments:

Post a Comment