Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

R.I.P. Innocent

It is Sunday morning, I got a message from Elias at 3.30 am, that Innocent had died, his mother who stayed with him in Mulago hospital in Kampala had called him. I was shocked, I send a message back, but the next message came in, no, he had still a heartbeat, he wasn't dead, they had put him on oxygen. I prayed and waited till the next message came, yes  it was confirmed now, Innocent had passed away at 4 am this morning. More messages went over from Elias, Simon and me. Then I tried to sleep a bit more, praying for the mother who must have been so scared and confused.
Innocent came in Amecet in April 2015, you cane read his story in the blog of November 10 2015. He was started on chemo therapy for Cancer in Mulago hospital in Kampala, the first weeks they went every week by car up and down, later he stayed there, together with his mother, who is now doing much better. He went trough the whole chemo therapy and the doctors were pleased, the cancer disappeared, but his body couldn't cope with it. He got malnourished and weak. I feel also confused, why did he had to go through all this chemo, to die now??? Innocent suffered so much!
It is Sunday morning and I just gave Simon money to go to Kampala, at 6.30 am. he is on his way now, to help the mother and to get the body of Innocent, to bring it to their village for his last resting place. I just told my girls about his death, we are all confused and sad.
It is Sunday morning, we will be going to church in some hours, I am confused and asking questions to God. One thing I know: Innocent is out of his suffering, He is smiling again and he is in the arms of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment