Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

In Memoriam: GIPAS....

This morning Gipas passed away in Soroti Hospital. Gipas has been in Amecet twice. He was HIV+ and had trouble taking his ARV medicines at home. The first time he stayed for two months in Amecet and he went home, against our advice, but he wanted to go home... The second time he came back in September 2014 and he stayed with us until February 2015. Again he wanted to go home, we were worried about him, but he is 14 years old and if he doesn't want to stay, what can we do?? We saw him regularly, he was not doing very good, but also not very bad....
Last week we heard that he was admitted in the hospital, Janneke went to see him, he was very sick of malaria. Then we heard on Sunday that he was discharged and went back home, but got very sick again and he was back in the hospital. Yesterday I went to see him, I was shocked, he was unconscious, the mother told us, for 4 days already.. They had done tests and he was on IV. medication, but it didn't look good... While my colleagues talked with the mother, I talked to Gipas, just telling him that Jesus loved him and that Jesus was with him. That he must be so tired from all this sickness, he could let go. I prayed for him, holding his hand. This morning I heard the news that he died early in the morning.
I am so grateful that I went to see him yesterday, I don't know what he heard from my talking, but I believe that God wanted me to go there.
I am feeling sad and angry, I believe that Gipas could have been alive, if he would have taken his medicines better... At the other hand, when we went to his home this morning, where they had already brought him, seeing his mother and grandmother cry and seeing his small body lying in the coffin......I know that Gipas is at peace now, no more sickness, no more medicines! 
Dear Gipas, enjoy the beauty of Heaven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment