Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

About NG tubes, syringes and IV drips....

 We are worried  about two of our children. I have shared about Thomas, the little baby who is with us for almost 6 weeks. According to the doctor, he was around 5 or 6 weeks when he arrived in Amecet. His weight was only 1.8 kg. We have been struggling with him, he has been on IV drip every 2 or 3 days, he got a blood transfusion, we feed him by NG tube and still he was not doing good. He gained a little, then he lost again. Right now he is only 1.860 kg. that is after 6 weeks hard work!!  Please keep praying for this beautiful little boy. 
Then we worry about Gabdesia, I wrote about her in earlier blogs. She is 13 years old, a gentle girl, who is very sick. She had serious problems taking her medicines and she doesn't want to eat, even at home, that is why her mother asked our help. Up till now, she is not improving much, last Sunday she had lost so much weight, we had to put a NG tube in. And that is hard with a 13 year old girl. She was scared and cried. But she doesn't pull it out and now we are able to give her special, high calorie fluid, directly in her stomach. Today she also had to go on IV drip and she is really so sad. My heart cries for her, I wish I could make her eat and drink. Please pray for her, that she doesn't give up, that she wants to fight with us for her life. Pray that we, as her care takers can reach her.
I want to end with a personal, more happy note!!!
Today I had to go to court to hear the ruling from the High Court Judge, about the application for legal guardianship for my three girls. It has been a long journey, but we are almost at the end. We got a positive ruling, the legal guardianship has been granted to me. Now I am the proud mother of three beautiful Ugandan daughters, actually, I have 4 beautiful Ugandan daughters, but Mary, the oldest, is 19 years old, so she doesn't have to go through all the paper work! I thank God for bringing those girls into my life. I just wanted to share that with you :)
Mary, Sarah, Catherine, Els and Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment