Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sleeping Beauty....

This is Catherine, the little girl who came in Amecet yesterday evening. I have been busy with her today and not only me.... While I took her to the doctor first thing in the morning, Simon looked at the story that I had written down the previous evening. The doctor prescribed directly IV infusion, Catherine was severely dehydrated and very malnourished. It was almost the case of starvation, he said. Directly on a drip, and that is what we did, she got 2 litres of IV fluid and we gave her also ORS to drink. She liked to drink, so that was good. In the meantime was Simon on his way, together with the Probation officer and the Police, because some things didn't add up in the story. I will not give you the whole story, but it is a very, very sad one. In short: the uncle who came yesterday with the baby, was the father. And the lady who was "just" helping, was also a relative. the mother is not dead, but around. They have tried to kill the child by locking her in a hut and not giving her any food, when that didn't work fast enough, they gave her the local alcohol (very strong) to drink and now they wanted to kill her. The neighbours told them to go to Amecet with the child, that we would help. So that is how she ended up in Amecet. I had some problems yesterday with their story, they also had no letter from their local counsellor, but I saw also the child, who was desperately in need. So I took her in. And I am glad I did, she was not far from dying. The police is looking for the parents, while we are ministering to the little girl. She is doing better, for now she is off the IV drip, she drinks still ORS, she doesn't tolerate milk or porridge, but now I know more about her story, I can understand that. Tomorrow we go back to the doctor. We did the HIV test and she is NEGATIVE! Right now she is peacefully sleeping in her little bed, when I think how she is treated, I can cry! Together with the children we prayed for her again. for peace and joy, for healing from her emotions and also her body, but now she is sleeping so peacefully, I think God is already starting to work out our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment