Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Catherine has her Passport!

Today we came back from a Kampala trip. We left yesterday, we = Simon, Catherine and me. To get a passport in Uganda is not an easy thing. After days running to several offices and counselors for signatures and stamps, we had to go to Kampala with Catherine for the actual request for the passport. We got help from a lady, who helped us also in the past to get the passports for the children to come to Holland. We went to pick it a week later, but it was not ready. After that we were too busy to go back again, so it was now almost one month later. We had some other things to do as well, so we went on Monday morning. We reached Kampala around 3.15 pm and went directly to immigration. The passport was ready, first there was again a bit of a problem, they wanted certain papers, which I don't  have, but then I could sign their book and I was given the passport. Left you see Catherine sitting in the car with the passport. When I checked the passport I saw that there was no signature in it, On the forms I had signed for Catherine, as I also had done for Helen before. But the place was empty, I called the lady who had helped us, she was not in office that day. She said it was OK, since Catherine was an infant and can't sign. OK I was at peace and today we drove back the 7 hours to Soroti. When we arrived I was happy to see Helen and Sarah again, they didn't come with us, because of school and they had slept in Amecet, which they enjoyed as well. Then I got a telephone call from the lady from immigration, that maybe there was a mistake.maybe they had forgotten to scan the signature of me, I should come by with the passport and they will see what to do!!! Can you imagine that I was a bit frustrated? To come by is not so easy, it takes us two days, it cost a lot of money and I can't leave Amecet so easy, because Marije, the nurse who is with us at the moment, is leaving this week.  It is good that I have no direct plans to visit the Netherlands, we have time to "come by" and see what to do with the passport. But we have her passport and that is the most important thing. Next time we will fly all four of us to Holland!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment