At 10 am yesterday morning, Barbara and I were at the hospital. We knocked at the door of the theatre, where they operate from. They told us to wait, the doctor wasn't there yet. We were first standing, holding William, we were hanging around the door where you see the wheelchairs standing. Then, some people brought a wooden bench, so we could sitg. I was happy about that, because we have waited for 3 hours. You see Barbara sitting with William. William was fair, he had been on IV fluids and no more oral drinks. He was just sucking his dummy and sleeping. The father and the older brother of William had arrived as wel. The father came Thursday for a visit and we could explain everything to him, we asked if he could organise a attendance to be with William after the operation in the hospital. We will be there a lot, but it seemed good to us that the family is involved. After 3 hours waiting, I was called to see the surgeon, he told me that it was impossible to operate, there was no water and no electricity in the hospital. They do have a generator, but the little fuel was kept for emergency's. We have to come back Monday morning and will be booked for Tuesday morning operation schedule. We were not happy!!!! I explained to the father and the brother that it was re-scheduled on Tuesdayand they left. back to the village..
We started to feed William again, 10 ml every 30 minutes. And we hope and pray it will go well until Tuesday.