Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Personal Move....

Yesterday we moved to our own home!! I have been living in the Amecet compound. A small house, but nice and comfortable. Only my family has grown, and for 5 people it really got too small. Mary and Sarah need space to study, Helen and Catherine to play and then I also need some personal space!  I bought a piece of land, just outside Soroti and started to build a home for us. My parents both passed away, while I was here in Uganda and we got some little money, which I used to build our new home. It seems to be good for the girls to live outside Amecet. They have all lived in Amecet and they do love the baby's, but it is time to be more like a family. Yesterday was the big move, we had already brought many things there, we were just waiting for the electricity to be connected. 

The moving out was organised by Simon and some of the staff. While we were moving the last things to our new home, they cooked a meal and we had some speeches and gifts.
Simon was holding a speech and I felt really blessed by everybody who came, even the ones who were free that day, or had a night shift were present.
Here I, officially, hand over the responsibility to Esther. I will be still with Amecet, but in the evening or night, I will not be there, so Esther is willing to take over in case there are decisions to be made. Of course she can call me, but I can't come at night and leave my girls alone.

 Then we all went in two vehicles to our new home. I received two small palm trees and the people who live in Amecet n'ainapakin home planted one,
while the people who live in Amecet n'amun, planted the second one. Here Auntie Grace the cook, got her turn with the hoe. 
 They prayed for our home and for a smooth settling in!
After a busy day it is nice to rest! Catherine is now in a new BIG bed, she is very proud of that. And even got new sheets from Aunti Anneke!  
This was a more personal blog, today. But it has all to do with Amecet. I feel blessed with the staff and the support I receive from them. For the five of us, a new chapter starts, we are all excited about our new home, but we do also miss Amecet a bit. I am coming to work there during the days, while before I lived there and was always involved in everything. We think it is right, but not easy.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice auntie Els! Geniet van jullie nieuwe, grote huis en van elkaar!

    Groetjes, Marjet

    ReplyDelete
  2. een soort van afscheid, maar ook een nieuwe start, focus on the family! Sterkte Els,
    Clazien Steenkamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Els, geweldig dat je nu eindelijk met je 4 meiden kan gaan wonen in jullie nieuwe huis. Wat is het mooi geworden!
    Het zal best wel even wennen zijn maar ik denk dat het zeker ook een goede beslissing is.
    Geniet van jullie nieuwe plek. Veel liefs, Karin

    ReplyDelete