Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

R.I.P. Norah....

This morning at 12.45 am, my telephone went. It was Amecet and as soon I saw the name on my telephone, I knew: it is Norah...... And that was right, she had just passed away. The night duty had tried to give her medicines at 12 o'clock, but she didn't want to sit  and they called Anneke, the nurse, she came together with Alice, the other nurse. They saw that she she was dying and they stayed with her, 10 minutes later she breathed her last breath, very peaceful, without any struggle, in her sleep. Norah had been sharing the room with Mary. Mary was also peacefully sleeping, she didn't even wake up. Over the phone we talked and after that they carried Norah to our medical room, to prepare her and not to shock the other children in the morning. We talk with them and if they want, we go and say goodbye to Norah together.

I was shocked and relieved at the same time. It had gone so fast now, I had no thought that it would go so fast! Just yesterday, I wrote the blog about her, and that morning we had taken her for special X rays for her throat. According to the doctor, there was a problem in the brain, she could not coordinate the nerves with the mucsles and that is why it came back out of her nose. When we were waiting in the doctor's room I had said to Anneke, that I always do the crying when the children are still alive and suffering so much, their death is then almost as a relieve. Yesterday I have had several times tears in my eyes, when I looked at Norah. This picture, I made yesterday, she looks how she was, sweet and kind and a bit puzzled, what is going on.... When I told my daughters, this morning, that Norah had died, Helen told me that Norah wanted to die. Last Sunday, when they were together in the room, she had said to Helen and Mary, I want to die, I have suffered enough, I want to go out of this world, I want to go to be with Jesus......
I believe that Jesus heard her and wanted her to be with Him, where there is no pain and sickness and where is no AIDS...
The coffin is made and we go to bring Norah back to the village. The burial will be tomorrow, we will go again with some of the staff, to bring Norah to her last resting place.

1 comment: