Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Thursday, August 20, 2015

We are a Family.....

Today a bit of a "personal" blog, although it all has to do with Amecet!
Those three beautiful girls are from today on, my daughters!!!!
Okay, they were with me already for a long time, I had a Care orders for Sarah in 2005, for Helen in 2005 and Catherine in 2011, but the real adoption process I started 2 years ago. It was not an easy time to get everything done, the papers, the relatives of the girls had to come several times, the lawyer was not so precise in keeping his appointments etc. etc. No, there have been some tears along the way...
But now... it is all done, I have the Adoption orders from the High Court Judge in my hands!!!! And we are all happy, the only missing person to celebrate with us is Mary, our oldest, she is in a Nursing school in Lira and will be with us in December. 
We toast op LIFE together!
We are a family, we have a beautiful home, we are healthy, that is a lot to be thankful for. we thank God that He was with us all the way, from the early beginning, when I met Sarah in the village and He used her to be my inspiration to start Amecet, where I also met Mary, Helen and Catherine (together with hundreds of other needy children) I never, never had thought of adoption, but God had another plan, for Mary, Sarah, Helen, Catherine and me. He put us together in a family.  

Thank you for all of you who have prayed for us and supported us, please continue, we still need your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment