Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Life goes on.....

Yes, life goes on, but I struggle with that. When  I think back about what happened with William, I still get emotional. But life goes on, the next day baby Agnes 2 (we have already a baby Agnes) arrived. She was only 18 hours old and her mother passed away, because the placenta didn't come out, she was born in the village. It is a big baby, 3.7 kg and it makes me think back of William, he was less then 2 kg and 6 weeks old! The umbilical cord was bleeding, so I took her directly to the clinic where they re-tied the cord, she is doing well now and she is laying in William's bed.

 This morning I went to court, here in Soroti. Some time ago I wrote about Doreen, the 14 year old girl who is pregnant and was almost killed by the boyfriend. She had to come to witness in court against the boyfriend, who is in jail. We went and sat in the court room, but then we were told that her case is handled by the Magistrate 1 and he was not there, so it was postponed to 23/10. Doreen is doing well, her baby is also growing, she has one more month to go. I asked if she would like to have her hair braided and she liked it, so today we asked someone to come and do her hair. Just to give her the feeling that she is special and beautiful. She is very shy, but she loved her picture, and so do I!
Barbara left today, back to Holland and Petra arrived today, also from Holland. Petra is a nurse and she has been here before, she actually left in February this year. I am very thankful that she came to help us, so that there is always a nurse in Amecet! The last couple of days we have been having interviews with several girls.We needed some new staff to care for the children. We had three staff who left quite abruptly, for study, marriage and family reasons. It is always hard to make the decision who to take. Simon, Elias and I are involved in this decision. I hope that we can have some new people next week.
So life goes on, but it is not always easy to just go on. I miss this little man, William has made quite an impression on me.
And then it is hard to just go on.....


No comments:

Post a Comment