Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The laundry machine is broken.

Some years ago I bought a laundry machine, my first daughter came to live with me and to use my only free day to do laundry... After years doing it by hand, I bought a machine. And what was I happy with it... Now with three and in the holidays four daughters living with me, the pile of laundry is big, so I am so happy with my laundry machine which helps me so much (on the days that there is electricity and water!). Earlier this week it made a lot of noise by the spinning circle, so I don't want to use it until we found someone who can repair it. So today, my free day, it is laundry day with the whole family!!!! 
We started off serious, but after a while, Catherine was so wet that I took her dress off to hang it on the laundry line to dry. She fitted very well in the laundry bucket!





Helen thought that was a great idea, so she put her laundry bucket under the tap!!!




In the afternoon we went to visit 5 of our former children who are now living in a boarding school. Every term there is one official visiting day. That was today. We have now 5 of our children in the same school, that makes it much easier.We had a great time with them, they were looking good, we listened to them, Simon talked with the class teacher and they are very content with our children. Their results are fair and they are happy and healthy.
On the picture you see the students in the blue T-shirts (school uniforms) The boys at the back are Francis and Issa. In the front (on the back) sits Mary and the other two girls in the blue are Vicky and Kevina.
The new baby, I wrote about yesterday, we gave the name Jesica, she doesn't cry much anymore and she is drinking good. 
There is no news about Joseph, he is still the same, he has fever, in spite of the anti-biotic he gets. Today, when we were all eating outside on the veranda, I found Helen sitting inside, next to him, holding his hand. I let her and later she came to tell me that she had prayed for Joseph. She said that she never saw such a sick boy. This is the friend where she was playing with, that is different then when a baby dies, this is her friend!! She wanted to know if he could hear her, so I told her that she could talk to him and that he could understand her. She decided that she would write a letter to him, she made a drawing and I had to write what she told me to write. It was about them playing together and that she loves him. This all has a lot of impact on the children, they think a lot about it and I pray they can handle it and that we, adults, can help them in this process. In the past I have always learned a lot from the children, and the way they handle death and dying.

4 comments:

  1. Beste Els,

    Ik kijk regelmatig even op je blog en lees je ontroerende verhalen. Jullie leven is echt een achtbaan, zo zit je op een top van geluk en dan weer weer in een dal van verdriet. Maar het is een troost dat de kinderen die het niet redden bij jullie zijn en omgeven worden door zoveel liefde.
    Hartelijke groeten aan Sarah en Helen!
    Linda (Sophia Kinderziekenhuis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice information blog. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.Laundry Machine Manufacturers In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete