Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mixed feelings.....

Today we brought Mary to her boarding school! All the girls wanted to come and you can see us sitting in the car, laughing and talking.
Boarding school is quite something, there are many rules and Mary can't come out during the whole term. there are "visiting days" for the families, but outside those days, you can't visit her. Now in Mary's case, there is an exception, because I have to bring Mary's ARV medicines.
Mary will sleep in a bunk bed in a big room with at least 48 bunk beds(=96 girls). It is a big step for her, out of the covering of Amecet in the school. I know it is good, we can't keep her with us, but I found it very difficult to leave her behind. She was a bit overwhelmed. And when we left, she was a bit crying. And me, I was almost crying, mixed feelings, thankful, because Mary has come a long way, she is alive. I was thinking about that night, many years ago, Mary was so sick. She told me that she wanted to go to her mother, to Heaven. I told her that I would miss her a lot, but that it was ok, there would be no more pain and sickness in Heaven, Jesus loves her, He would take care of her. Mary wanted me to lay down with her. The whole night I listened to her breathing, sometimes it stopped for a while and I thought, would it be over? And then she started to breath again, sometimes she felt, if I was still there. I am so thankful that God didn't take her that night and that we can still enjoy Mary being with us.
On the picture under you can see Mary, standing in the middle (with the white socks and black shoes). I know God has big plans for her and I am so thankful to be part of that plan, together with all who made is possible for her to start boarding school.
But I do miss her being around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment